Wednesday, April 06, 2005

An ode to Family and Friends

Greetings to all and love!

I am honored and awed each day to read and hear your beautiful posts! I wish I could tell you how much they mean to me and tell you how much your words encourage and help me. My recovery is slow, but it seems to be steady and your help really helps me keep going. I have more energy and stamina almost every day, and I look forward to the time I can be with you all once again.

As I begin to feel better, I am overwhelmed with gratitude - for life, for love, for the gift of family and friends, and I must take this opportunity to say a big thank you to my dearest Jacqui. She has given up so much to be here and she does more for me than anyone can imagine. She goes with me to every doctor's appointment. She knows EVERYTHING about my case, and keeps these 12 or more doctors straight on exactly what has happened, what the concerns are, etc. Somehow she carries around the walker, my bag/purse, her giant briefcase full of medical papers, etc., and pushes my wheelchair and gets me where I need to go. She calms me down and soothes my aches. She is handy as well. At home, She has rigged up a first class shower seat that allows me to actually get clean! She makes sure that all is neat and handicap accessible so I can get around a bit and she constantly encourages me. I could not manage without her and I treasure every moment we spend together.

Roland has been a prince - he even makes a 6 am daily pilgrimage to get me food at McDonalds - for some reason I am ravenous each morning! His love nourishes me and sustains me and I am so lucky and grateful to him for all he is, for all he does and for the kindness he shares.

Thank you again for all your support and for helping support Jacqui and Roland as well. It is appreciated more than you can ever know. God bless you! Pam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home