Monday, April 04, 2005

Doctor down, doctor down!

This morning yielded a new milestone as Mom eliminated a doctor from the active doctor list. This is the first time that one doctor has not been replaced by another. Instead, at our appointment with Dr. Tulipan, the neurosurgeon who replaced doctors Davidson, Farin and the mystery faculty surgeon (all from L.A.), Mom was informed that she was no longer interesting from a neurosurgical point of view. Okay, really he said that Mom's hematomas had healed although her brain remained a little deflated on one side on CT. Given her [reasonably] boring CT and continued improvement, there was nothing he could find to cut and he could foresee no reason that would change.

Granted, this is all completely expected and what I said he would say, but it is the sort of thing that one, eg. Mom, isn't going to believe until it happens. Afterwards, we went for a late breakfast as I have revived a family policy from my youth that every doctor's visit is followed by food. Currently Mom is working hard in day therapy, leaving me a spot of time for exercise, car refueling, and blogging before picking her up. Having challenged my heart not to crawl out my mouth while I struggled at the gym, I now can virtuously enjoy a vanilla soda and a chat with you, my friends.

May you frolic in the heartening spring rays and tomorrow bring a similarly positive update. Cheers-

j.c.r.w.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home