Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Loose ends

Meanwhile, on the home front, Mom and Rol had been enjoying their week without us. Mom graduated, only partially on doctor's orders, to walking without the boot. She is very careful and find it causes less knee strain, so the physical therapist has let it slide. From what I have heard, there was great merriment at the Blair Children's Concert and the VCC picnic. I can't wait to see the pictures of Kelly and the egg! Mom has also graduated to limited intensity biking at the rec center. It has been great since returning to go with her and really see how far she has come.

The last few days have been spent catching up on little errands and preparing for the move home. Yesterday we took the cats in for their interstate health certificates; I can't do it as I do not have a Tennessee license. Today I hope to ship a large amount of stuff back. Tomorrow I pack and Friday fly home. It is strange, as you can all imagine, and a bit frightening to find this day so fast approaching, but it is time. It will be good to be back to my life and vocation, just as it will be good for Mom and Rol to return to a more normal existence.

Never fear, the trek home affords many opportunities for entertainment that I will be sure to share. And, like a bad penny, I always find my way back here. I count myself so lucky to have gained so many new family members. Thank you for sharing this road with us, with me.

With love,

jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home