Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Loose ends

Meanwhile, on the home front, Mom and Rol had been enjoying their week without us. Mom graduated, only partially on doctor's orders, to walking without the boot. She is very careful and find it causes less knee strain, so the physical therapist has let it slide. From what I have heard, there was great merriment at the Blair Children's Concert and the VCC picnic. I can't wait to see the pictures of Kelly and the egg! Mom has also graduated to limited intensity biking at the rec center. It has been great since returning to go with her and really see how far she has come.

The last few days have been spent catching up on little errands and preparing for the move home. Yesterday we took the cats in for their interstate health certificates; I can't do it as I do not have a Tennessee license. Today I hope to ship a large amount of stuff back. Tomorrow I pack and Friday fly home. It is strange, as you can all imagine, and a bit frightening to find this day so fast approaching, but it is time. It will be good to be back to my life and vocation, just as it will be good for Mom and Rol to return to a more normal existence.

Never fear, the trek home affords many opportunities for entertainment that I will be sure to share. And, like a bad penny, I always find my way back here. I count myself so lucky to have gained so many new family members. Thank you for sharing this road with us, with me.

With love,

jacqui

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Jacqui: What a fascinating meal you had. I admire your sense of adventure, and your Grandma is just spectacular. It is so strange that we no longer feel the need to bolster each other's hopes now that your mom and our Pal Pam is so very much okay. We are all forever changed by watching Team Schneller negotiate the trecherous passage from trauma to recovery. We rejoice that you can actually pack your bags and resume your other life. However, please stay connected electonically. I am truly addicted to following your progress.

Good luck with the results from your exams. Your tenacious personality will surely pull you through. I may not communicate again before you fly home....so au revoir...never good-bye. Love, Jan (N)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Jacqui, even though it's time for you to go back to your life, I feel a little sad. Sad and happy at the same time. Your postings have meant so much to everyone and we will miss reading them. The progress that your mom has made is nothing short of miracle. Team Schneller is AMAZING!!

Thank you for sharing all of the thoughts and feelings that you've experienced during this incredible journey.

We'll miss you,

Vanessa J

10:13 AM  
Blogger Dave & Nancy Estes Park said...

Hi Jacqui, Pam, Roland and Mickey
We are soooo happy you all are doing so well. We are also very excited to have Jacqui back in Colorado! We can't wait to see her and hear more about her adventures! I know you will all miss her, but we need our Jacqui fix too.
Jacqui - take good care of those critters on the way home, can't wait to see them and hear about THEIR adventures. Kiss Glenn for us. Have a safe trip
Love to all
Dave and Nancy

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home