Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Journal

Tonight I do not have the energy to tell you all all about the air evacuation unit. I will do that in the morning. But I did want to share with you my last journal entry. It was written on January 29th- a lifetime ago in so many ways. Yet it seems like perhaps I was guided to write it in preparation for this odyssey...

'Some days, some progress, some pain, some joy, some bravery and some strain.
Some things I can do, some things I can be, and some things just have to be let go.'

That is the entire entry. I had forgotten I wrote it. Today I stumbled on it as I was getting something I had tucked in my journal for safekeeping. [This blog has currently surplanted it for writing.] Somehow it spoke to me of all the things we currently struggle with- our helplessness in the face of her distress and confusion, our pain and bewilderment, our excitement with the little steps she makes on the path back to us.

The first line speaks to me of the difficulty of living a deliberate life. The second to the importance of letting go of ego and limits and leaving faith in God to care for the rest. I hope this brings you comfort as it did for me.

Your friend-

jacqui

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home