Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Thank You

Greetings!

MANY thanks for a fabulous evening of music! EVERY CHOIR sounded wonderful and it was such a treat to see each and every one of you! I can't improve on Jacqui's writing, but I must tell you that it was the best possible medicine for a recovering choir director and I'm so grateful! I treasured every note of the concert - thank you!!!

Your beautiful voices, kind words and encouragements have given us more strength than you can ever know. Thank you for being so
faithful and for giving choir your best efforts - it shows!!!

I don't know if you know this but I've known many of those girls in the Blair Children's Chorus for as many as 10 years - from the young age of 8 to the beautiful maturity you saw and heard. Nicole Naumann - in from Boston to sing with BCC - joined the choir when she was 8 - back in 1988 - how wonderful it is to hear that beautiful mature voice. A thousand thank yous to Hazel Somerville and Lauryn Moody for stepping in and leading these girls so beautifully.

It was a great gift to hear the VU Concert Choir under the fine direction of Brian Warford and beautifully accompanied by Robbie Jones. This choir's season is over, yet they came - during a really busy time right before finals! Thank you - it was wonderful!!

A thousand thank yous to the First Presbyterian Church Choir and their outstanding director, Raphael Bundage. Their gift of song was beautiful and I treasured every note as I treasure all those friendships from my time at First Presbyterian. Bless you!

All the solos were gorgeous and the Community Chorus closed the concert with beauty and grace. Seeing and hearing these fine singers was another true blessing. Each piece was delivered with meaning, beauty and grace and touched my heart. Thanks to David Childs for adding this choir's labors to an already full plate of responsibilities - what a dear and kind friend he is, and what a fabulous musician!!

My recovery continues - Hallelujah - but it takes patience and I
beg your indulgence. A couple little surgeries to go and
exercising patience while the brain heals...it will be OK though
and I WILL be BACK making music soon! What a miracle and what a gift! Thank you all!!!

THANKS to Kelly and Bill Christie for organizing this wonderful concert and bringing it to life. I couldn't ask for better, more loving friends and VCC couldn't ask for more devoted leadership!!!

Do remember - always keep singing!!!! Music has amazing power.

Much love, Pam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home