Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Thank You

Greetings!

MANY thanks for a fabulous evening of music! EVERY CHOIR sounded wonderful and it was such a treat to see each and every one of you! I can't improve on Jacqui's writing, but I must tell you that it was the best possible medicine for a recovering choir director and I'm so grateful! I treasured every note of the concert - thank you!!!

Your beautiful voices, kind words and encouragements have given us more strength than you can ever know. Thank you for being so
faithful and for giving choir your best efforts - it shows!!!

I don't know if you know this but I've known many of those girls in the Blair Children's Chorus for as many as 10 years - from the young age of 8 to the beautiful maturity you saw and heard. Nicole Naumann - in from Boston to sing with BCC - joined the choir when she was 8 - back in 1988 - how wonderful it is to hear that beautiful mature voice. A thousand thank yous to Hazel Somerville and Lauryn Moody for stepping in and leading these girls so beautifully.

It was a great gift to hear the VU Concert Choir under the fine direction of Brian Warford and beautifully accompanied by Robbie Jones. This choir's season is over, yet they came - during a really busy time right before finals! Thank you - it was wonderful!!

A thousand thank yous to the First Presbyterian Church Choir and their outstanding director, Raphael Bundage. Their gift of song was beautiful and I treasured every note as I treasure all those friendships from my time at First Presbyterian. Bless you!

All the solos were gorgeous and the Community Chorus closed the concert with beauty and grace. Seeing and hearing these fine singers was another true blessing. Each piece was delivered with meaning, beauty and grace and touched my heart. Thanks to David Childs for adding this choir's labors to an already full plate of responsibilities - what a dear and kind friend he is, and what a fabulous musician!!

My recovery continues - Hallelujah - but it takes patience and I
beg your indulgence. A couple little surgeries to go and
exercising patience while the brain heals...it will be OK though
and I WILL be BACK making music soon! What a miracle and what a gift! Thank you all!!!

THANKS to Kelly and Bill Christie for organizing this wonderful concert and bringing it to life. I couldn't ask for better, more loving friends and VCC couldn't ask for more devoted leadership!!!

Do remember - always keep singing!!!! Music has amazing power.

Much love, Pam

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie Antkowiak said...

Dearest Pam,
It was truly our pleasure and honor to perform for you! You have instilled in us a love for music and we were ever so eager to share it with you! I think I can safely say that for most of us, we were finally able to breathe a sigh of relief at the sight of you...relief that you are back here among friends and family, relief that you are progressing so incredibly well with your recovery, and relief at the reassurance that you WILL be making music with us all again SOON!

It was also such a pleasure to meet your daughter Jacqui! What a beautiful spirit she is and a blessing to your family and to all of us for allowing us to be a part of your world. Please tell her that I will call her soon and hopefully we can get together...I really felt a connection to her! (I also have some homemade Polish nut roll that needs to be delivered to the Schneller family...) :-)

I would like to echo the many thanks given to the Christies for all of their love and support to your family and to our family at the VCC. She is a gem, always on top of things, and has been our ray of sunshine while you are away!

It was just so wonderful to see you Pam, and all your family! We are so glad you enjoyed the concert and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Love to you all!
Angie

3:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah-Elizabeth said...

Pam,
I am sorry that I missed the concert, but with my crazy work schedule and classes I was upset with myself, but unfortunatly had to miss it. But I from what I have heard it was wonderful. There has been chitchat about the MTSU School of Music about the concert all day, even at our concert we had today. I truely wish I could have been there and hope you are doing well. I am sure that SOON you will be making music again, and we cant wait until then. All the best wishes to team Schneller. Have a wonderful day....
Hugs and Kisses,
Sarah-Elizabeth

10:47 PM  
Blogger AandH said...

Hi Pam. You are so very blessed to have such wonderful friends as Bill & Kelly. Your spirit seems to has really lifted since you have returned home and you sound like you are doing wonderfully! Keep up the great work (and Jacqui too!).
Love, Audra

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Dear Pam: Thank you for being there Tuesday and for especially "being." Your spirit sings in all of us who were privileged to perform for you and in so many more whose lives you have touched during your professional career. We are strengthened by your presence and by your determination.

The Cathedral rang gloriously with the music and words of each selection...I'm partial to paying attention to the words, of course. So much wonderful music to sing, so little time! We have much to look forward to as you return to being our fearless "Encourager."

Can you wrap your mind around all of the love present in the people who filled the Cathedral? Such power makes a difference for all of us. Jan (N)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Paul Rowe said...

HI, Pam-

We just heard about the whole ordeal. We are so glad that you are well on your way to a full recovery. Sorry we could not be there to celebrate your contributions to music in Nashville. Our thoughts are with you for your quick return to active duty.

Paul and Cheryl Rowe
Madison, WI

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home