Friday, April 08, 2005

Oh happy, happy day!

My, we have had a busy week!

The last time I posted, we had just finished out a grueling day of doctoring. Since then, it has continued in a whirlwind of change.

Wednesday was almost a vacation as Mom just had day therapy and no doctor appointments or blood draws. At the end of therapy we were informed that Mom is being downgraded? promoted? to three days of therapy per week! This is sooner than they anticipated and a reflection of her continued spectacuclar progress. In addition, Ann stated that Mom was so good about doing her exercises and improving her stamina on her own that they no longer felt they could justify charging for it! So day therapy will no longer include PT, but Mom can still use the equipment and mats during her free time.

Because the balance appointment was expected to be lengthy, Mom was next scheduled for day therapy on Tuesday! Thursday morning wasn't super great as Mom couldn't have a pain pill before her appointment. The rain poured and poured on the trip in for the balance appointment; thankfully the entrance was sheltered from the elements. As you can see in the following pictures, no stone was left unturned at the doctors!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carissa said...

My dear, dear Pam!!

I am so happy that you are doing so well!! I knew that you would recover and get better but I had no idea that it would be this quickly! God is certainly working a miracle in your life!! You and your wonderful family are an inspiration to all of us.

I hope you will be able to attend your benefit concert! I will certainly be there listening to all the wonderful music that you help create.

Take care and know that you are never far from my thoughts and always are in my prayers!

Carissa

6:27 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Dear Pam and Team:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...How great it is to be able to wish you those greetings and know that you have so many reasons to be happy!

Do you ever wonder how late at night the inventors of your therapy gizmos stay up at night to come up with such methods to aid your recovery? Charles has done the "spin around in the dark" amusement ride. Whew! I would lose my lunch for sure.

We are excited about the 19th and hoping we are all ready to do you proud. We, too, are grateful to you and your determination, your side-kicks (Roland and Jacqui), and the medical team that keeps coming up with rave reviews of your progress.

Here is a birthday poem for you and Roland, courtesy of Christina Rosetti:
A BIRTHDAY
My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a watered shoot:
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose boughs are bent with thickset fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these
Because my love is come to me.

Raise me a dais of silk and down;
Hang it with vair and purple dyes;
Carve it in doves and pomegranates,
And peacocks with a hundred eyes;
Work it in gold and silver grapes,
In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys;
Because the birthday of my life
Is come, my love is come to me.

All of our love is there with you. Jan(N)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Angie Antkowiak said...

Wow, sounds like you've had almost as much fun as the whirley-gig rides at Six Flags! It was funny to see Pam going through all those tests...I just recently completed the same ones in January, although I was not fortunate enough to escape the Chinese water torture. I am SO glad that her results were positive (I wasn't so lucky...but its no big deal...just have a few rocks loose is all. Can't believe I paid for an expensive test to tell me what all my friends already knew). I am just so elated that Pam is making such incredible progress and I can't wait to work with her again in VCC! We are very much looking forward to your benefit concert, and know that every note is a Happy Birthday wish to you, Pam. Blessings also to the whole Schneller Team! We love you all so much! And keep up the phenomenal work...you are such a winner, Pam!!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home